Overview of Statistics Jobs in Canada
Statistics Job in Canada Openings: Statistics Canada (StatCan) is hiring 32,000 people across the country to conduct the next census in May 2022. Individuals are being hired to participate in this large-scale national project in both large and small areas to collect vital data that will be used to plan for the future. We are still hiring around the country, even though recruitment is going well.
To guarantee that every Canadian has a chance to be heard and that the census is performed in the best and safest way possible, StatCan has adjusted its strategy for the 2022 Census to the COVID-19 reality.
By reducing the amount of contact required to engage in this essential activity, census processes have been developed to safeguard the safety of respondents and census personnel. The majority of Canadians will be able to complete the survey using an efficient, secure, and user-friendly online application.
StatCan will supply the necessary equipment to keep census workers safe throughout the epidemic, and staff will work near to home in their communities. When necessary, census workers will locate houses on maps, call respondents, and conduct physically separated in-person interviews.
Between March and July 2021, a variety of supervisory and non-supervisory roles are available.
Salary of Statistics Job
- Pay ranges from $17.83 to $21.77 per hour, depending on the position.
- The hourly wage in certain northern and isolated regions ranges from $29.25 to $31.25.
- All allowed expenses are reimbursed to all employees.
Criteria for selection
To be considered, you must meet the following requirements:
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- You must be a Canadian citizen or have the right to work here.
- A Canadian residential address is required.
- Applicants must be able to work in Canada and be willing to work a flexible schedule (primarily in the evening and on weekends).
- If you do not meet the screening criteria, your application will be rejected.